Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pump...Me Up

Yesterday (April Fool's!) I had a power sandwich:


  • Whole wheat wrap

  • 12-hour cooked Turkey

  • Steamed baby spinach

  • Swiss Cheese

  • Lettuce

I was trying a out a new place that just opened--they did a good job handling the flow of customers since it was packed with people wanting to try something new. They also had a phone on the way up to the register with which patrons could call in a drink order for one of their healthy smoothies while waiting on line. I can't deny a smoothie, so I tried the Strawberry-Banana, made with skim milk, ice, Only 8, and fresh fruits. It was a little bland but decent for being so health conscious.



Today, I am enjoying a salad from one of those "make-your-own" places that have sprung up EVERYWHERE. I am not usually a salad person, but these are great! Today's salad contains:



  • Baby Spinach (fresh, uncooked)

  • Smoked Turkey

  • Egg Whites

  • Portobello Mushrooms

  • Feta Cheese

  • Sesame Noodles (for a nice crunch!)

  • Cucumbers

  • Low fat/low cal Caesar dressing

Amazingly delicious, and all of the ingredients are fresh and work well together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment